INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The data collected is gathered using some pretty cool technology, including tools like Google Analytics and reporting from our apps/devices in communication with our cloud servers, aptly dubbed the KALE Fans Cloud. Information about your web browser, operating system, pages visited, and more are also gathered through Google Analytics and similar tools.
If it strikes your fancy, you may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this web site or to Kale Fans via other methods as described below. We also tell you how we may use the information (it’s not to stalk you if that’s what you’re worried about).
When you purchase a product from KALE Fans or register, we may request a variety of information to allow us to provide better service. And better service means a happier YOU. This information can include your name, address, phone number, email address, product’s model number, serial number and purchase date.
DATA FROM SENSEME PRODUCTS
The data collected is gathered from our apps/devices in communication with our cloud servers, the KALE FANS Cloud. This data is used to improve future products and develop more super awesome features or services for our customers.
- Our web may collect information such as:
- Room Temperature
- The state of the device (examples: on/off, speed)
- The device’s IP address
- Occupancy in order to help control energy usage and thermal comfort
- The device uptime, firmware version, and technical information about the app and device
- Account information including the data you share during the sign-up process
SALES, SERVICE AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITY
If you schedule a service call or delivery, make a consumer inquiry, purchase parts, participate in our promotional activities (such as rebates or contests) or email us, we ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well. So click, comment and ask away! Unsurprisingly, we love talking about our products.
QUESTIONNAIRES AND SURVEYS
We occasionally may ask visitors to our web site and consumers to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us serve you better and improve the usefulness of our site. In conducting these surveys we may ask you for your name and email address. But no worries; we do not keep any personal information about you in connection with your participation in a KALE Fans survey unless you specifically agree to provide that information.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
Our site uses a third party service to match browser cookies to your mailing address. We then send special offers through the mail on our behalf. Our company never receives or stores any of this information and our third parties do not provide or sell this information to any other company or service.
ONLINE SERVICES AND WEB BROWSER TOOLS
KALE Fans uses a number of online services to enhance web browsers’ experiences while using the websites and to help plan future website services and marketing offers. We believe in giving power to the people. You should know who these services are so you can choose to opt out of them if you wish.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- To provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events, surveys and promotions (including by sending you marketing communications);
- To contact you in the event of a service notification for your registered product or to provide other notices concerning the safety of your appliance regardless of your stated privacy preferences.
- To process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications;
- To confirm and process your order, provide you with updates regarding your order, process returns and contact you concerning your order;
- To create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- To verify your identity to ensure security for the other purposes listed here;
- To evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and websites; administering our websites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
We also may use personal information for other additional purposes, which we identify at the time of collection. You may choose not to provide us (we can appreciate a little mystery) with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some services.
INFORMATION WE TRANSFER
We’re international, so we may transfer the personal information we collect on this site to other countries where we do business, but we will do so only for the purposes described above. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described here unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
To keep things running ultra-smooth we provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take pride in taking good care of our customers. That’s why we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this web site. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology and other technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
We may update this list from time to time without any notice to the public, so feel free to check back every now and then! Your continued use of our services constitutes acceptance of this policy.